Effective Date: April 04, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how IntakeQ (“our,” “we,” “us”) collects, uses, and shares personal information via its website at intakeq.com (the “Site”) and its software-as-a-service platform which provides intake forms and practice management software (the “Platform”) to our clients ((collectively, the Site and the Platform, the “Services”). Our clients include medical, health, and wellness service providers (“Providers”). This Notice applies to personal information provided, transmitted, or submitted through our Services, and it also describes the choices we offer with respect to such data. This Notice does not apply to Providers or other third parties; you should contact those parties directly to learn how they may use your information. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices.
In connection with the provision of our Services, we may receive some information from your Provider which is considered protected health information (PHI) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Your Provider’s collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of such information is governed by your Provider’s terms and conditions and privacy practices. You should provide requests and questions related to your Provider’s management of your protected health information directly to your Provider.
Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From Providers in connection with our Platform.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information directly from you. If you are visiting our Site, we may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and company name when you interact with us on our website (such as to complete forms, request a product demonstration, or contact us).
If you are a patient of a Provider utilizing our Platform, we may collect your first and last name, email address, mailing address, information about your medical history, prescription information, scheduling information, payment and billing information, and other information designed to administer the patient portal to you.
If you manage or administer an account for Provider on our Platform, we may collect business or other contact information you provide to set up and manage your account.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, whether you receive or open an email from us, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Information we collect from third party sources. We collect information from advertisers, affiliates, promotional partners, application providers, and other third parties provide us information in connection with tools we offer and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use our Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
How We Use the Information We Gather
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To operate our business and provide our Site and Platform to website visitors, patients, and Providers.
- To create and manage profiles of patients for Providers. This includes support for appointment scheduling, communications, patient intake, tracking of follow up appointments, reminders and insurance claim submissions.
- To facilitate communication on the Platform between patients and Providers.
- To provide, maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Site and Platform.
- To provide customer support and fulfill your requests.
- To communicate with you, including telling you about and administering our Site and Platform, targeted marketing, and informing you about products or services you may be interested in.
- To monitor and enforce our Terms of Service or similar terms.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law, or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may disclose your information:
- With service providers who help with our business operations, including to help provide our Platform.
- With your specific Provider, if you are a patient of theirs, including to provide our Platform and other services.
- For users of our Site, with advertisers and other promotional partners where we may provide aggregated reports and insights about the way you are interacting with their content.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect our interests, property or legal rights, or those of our customers or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- We may share some or all of your information with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our terms and conditions, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- As permitted by law or with your direction or consent.
What Choices Do You Have?
Update personal information. If you are a patient of a medical practice and you would like to update information held by IntakeQ, you should login to your account. If you are a medical practice and would like to update your information, please contact IntakeQ for assistance.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing communications from IntakeQ. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each emailor by disabling updates from within the Platform. You may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly or at all as a result.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. We may choose to email you to notify you of such changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at IntakeQ, please contact us at email@example.com.